Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Abbotina rivularis-we collected these back in 2009, the males get a beautiful tall dorsal fin, and they are very peaceful and easy to  maintain. 
Sarcocheilichthys parvus-this is another little gem from China that has been over looked, the fish pictured is not in its full breeding color.  During breeding season the fish easily rivals the most color tetra from South America, with bright red in all fins, and blue color dotting the lateral line.  Their max size is less that 8 cm, and very peaceful and easy to keep.  Will accept a variety of frozen and dried food. 
Leptobotia elongate, this is still my favorite fish, ranking in the top 5 out of 10.  I started with long roads to obtain them, much money invested.  They have given me so much enjoyment and so much grief, and makes me want to get some more of them, even more.  I will once again trek to the grounds where they hail from and look for the giant monster I've always wanted, a 36" wild specimen! 
The one pictured here is 12"
Finally a wild 14" specimen!
 
 
Tribolodon brandtii-this is probably the only cyprinid that inhabits brackish to saltwater.  Here is a youtube video and picture of some wild ones found on the internet.  The first picture is a group maintained by my friend at PlatinumSeas, and brought in from Osaka, Japan by myself. 

 

 
 
 

1 comment: