Friday, August 31, 2012

Fish I caught along the coast of Hawaii, I never go anywhere in the world without getting my hands and feet a little wet. I once caught a 10 pound northern pike at a guarded palace in England, until I was told to leave. I was only 14 years old that time!
I also caught this fish, at first I thought was Oreochromis mossambicus from the top of the water, but once pulled out, appears more like Oreochromis aureus, these were found in pure salt water, and numbered in the thousands. Surprisingly intelligent, they would attack bread tosssed at them, but avoid bread with a small hook in it. Eventually I was able to trick some dumber ones to take the hook. I call this Oreochromis alwaiensis, unique to this salt water habitat, slowly evolving. I found these next to convict tangs, aholehole (kuhlia xenura), jelly fish, goat fish, porcupine puffers and greater barracudas!

No comments:

Post a Comment